Warsaw University Centre for Open and Multimedia Education
AIOU (CN) | AIOU (PK) | Anadolu U | AOU | Athabasca U | BAOU | BCOU | BOU | BRAOU | BTVU | COME-UW | CCRTVU | DISC | EBS | EELU | Euro-FH | FernFH | FernUni Hagen | FFHS | HFH | Henan RTV | HCMCOU | HOU (CN) | HOU (GR)| HYCU | Humboldt | IGNOU | Inner Mongolia RTVU | JSTVU | KKHSOU | KNOU | KSOU | FH Lübeck | MPBOU | NOU (IN) | NOU (TW) | NOUN | NSOU | OPENU | OP | Oscail | OUA | OUBS | OUC | OUHK | OUJ | OU Libya | OUM | OUN | OUS | OUSL | OUT | PNU | PSSOU | PUP-OU | QOU | Ramkhamhaeng U | SCRTVU | SHTVU | STOU | SXRTVU | SYTVU | TGOU | TJRTVU | TNOU | Tallinn U | TUT (EE) | UAB (BR) | UAb (PT) | UAPA| UDIMA | UKOU | UNA | UNAD | UNED (CR) | UNED (ES) | UNITAR | UOC | UOU | UPOU | UPRTOU | USOU | U. Tartu | U. Terbuka | VFH | Viadrina | VMOU | WOU | YCMOU | YNTVU | ZOU | ZAOU | ZRTVU
The Center for Open and Multimedia Education (COME) is an independent unit of the University of Warsaw (UW) that supports distance education.
COME was created as a result of restructuring of the Open Education School under the resolution of the University of Warsaw Senate issued on June 23, 1999. It was established in order to support, promote, and organize open and distance education. Its aim is broadening accessibility to academic education and overcoming the barriers of geography and time.
Center for Open and Multimedia Education carries out research on the utilization of modern technology in education, increasing the efficiency of instruction and enhancing the motivation of all students from all geographic and socio-economic backgrounds. Specifically, COME focuses on devising more practical methods of teaching with particular emphasis on those that make use of new information technology.
The focus of the Center for Open and Multimedia Education is to create a learning community.
Basic tasks of COME:
- to promote and coordinate the activities of the University within e-education,
- to prepare and conduct e-courses,
- to organize and develop system for e-education service,
- to provide educational service for adults, regardless of their education and place of residence,
- to do studies on remote education with the usage of ICT technology,
- to participate in preparation of teaching staff of the University of Warsaw to the requirements set by new educational forms,
- to cooperate with the Open University in the field of Internet courses,
- to cooperate with units which carry out similar actions in the country or abroad.
The course offer is addressed to the following groups:
- students of the University of Warsaw (stationary and non-stationary), who may increase interdisciplinary nature of their studies thanks to the possibility for education at every time,
- students of other universities, regardless of the geographical localization,
- people, who have completed formal education or have not began it yet, but would like to broaden their knowledge and qualifications on the academic level and after passing the exam receive a certificate of the University of Warsaw that will acknowledge their knowledge and skills,
- people, who want to broaden their knowledge and skills, but are not able to participate in stationary classes due to the geographical, time or social barriers.
The Center for Open and Multimedia Education main office is in Warsaw, Poland.
The web site: http://www.come.uw.edu.pl/ and it lists e-learning related strategy documents such as the Act on Higher Education and Studies regulations on its e-learning page: http://www.come.uw.edu.pl/?q=en/node/441