University of Derby
See also See University of Derby - Case study
The University of Derby is a university in the city of Derby, England in the UK. The main campus is in the north-west of Derby. The university additionally operates a site in Buxton, Derbyshire, known as the Devonshire campus. Courses are also housed in the Britannia Mill campus in Derby and the Chesterfield Centre for health education.
The university provides nearly 300 study programmes at the undergraduate level. Undergraduate programmes as well as short courses, foundation degrees, and postgraduate degrees are generally superintended by individual faculties/research groups and cover most popularly-recognized academic disciplines and subdisciplines. The university's Joint Honours Scheme allows students to combine over 40 subjects from across all four university faculties.
The University was founded in 1992 but its predecessors go back to 1851.
It has over 24,000 students of which 12,000 are undergraduates, 2,000 are postgraduates and 7,000 are FE students (doing non-degree courses).
Its web site is at http://www.derby.ac.uk
The University is an active participant in UK development programmes in e-learning including Benchmarking and Pathfinder.
It also has substantial operational capability.
(sourced from http://www.derby.ac.uk/online)
Students can study online for a foundation degree, honours degree or postgraduate degree in a wide range of subjects.
Studying for a degree online means that students can choose when and where to study - ideal if students want to study with a university but can't or don't want to come to lectures on campus all the time. Students can study at home or at work. All they need is a PC and an internet connection. With online discussion groups there's also plenty of opportunity for students to talk to fellow students from around the world.
Specific courses include:
- Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Skills and Studies
- Certificate of Higher Education in Supporting Disabled Students
- University Diploma in International Spa Management
- University Diploma in Psychotherapeutics
- Foundation Degree in Beauty and Spa Services
- Foundation Degree in Hairdressing and Salon Management
- Foundation Degree in Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- BA Hairdressing Salon Management
- BA Hospitality Management (Final Year Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) International Spa Management
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (Adult) Top Up
- BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (Mental Health) Top Up
- BSc Applied Psychological Studies
- BSc Applied Psychology
- LLM in Commercial Law
- MA Education
- MA Education: Guidance
- MBA (Certificate Stage)
- MBA (Diploma Stage)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MBA Logistics
- MSc Environmental Health
- MSc Environmental Management
- MSc Health Ergonomics
- MSc Strategic Information Technology Management
- MSc Strategic Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision
The University of Derby uses Blackboard.