/* Regional OER initiatives */
* '''Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen)''': [http://www.nibis.de/nibis.phtml?menid=35 merlin] contains digital films, graphics, worksheets and links to OER material. All media is professionally produced and cleared for schools. Teachers can download the material, students can work with it. Everybody can search in the media portal, but for viewing and downloading the material, schools have to register.
* '''North Rhine-Westphalia''': Material in the media-server [http://www.learnline.schulministerium.nrw.de/ learn:line] is mainly OER and comes from different sources. It always states the copyright. Teachers only have to register for material from the [http://edmond20.lvr.de/ EDMOND] portal which includes audiovisual material from commercial producers. The download is free of charge once the teachers have registered.
* '''Rhineland-Palatinate (Rheinland-Pfalz)''': All OER material in [http://omega.bildung-rp.de OMEGA] can be used by anybody. Free access is also to the material from the "Medienkompass" which features media and links for media competence. For all other material, schools have to register in order to use it in their classrooms. Teachers can
downlaod most of the material as long as it is on legal grounds.
* '''Saxony (Sachsen)''': [http://mesax.datenbank-bildungsmedien.net/ MeSax] is the media information and distribution system of educational media in Saxony. Schools have to register in order to use the platform. The media in MeSax can also be used with the learning platform LernSax. Teachers can integrate the material in the virtual classrooms for students to use directly.
* '''Saxony-Anhalt (Sachsen-Anhalt)''': Online-material is in the media-server [http://www.bildung-lsa.de/emutube.html emuTUBE]. You can find digital material for all subjects. Schools have to register since not all media are OER. Those media can only be used by teachers, but it is free of charge. Media can be tagged by teachers and be downloaded for the classroom or the lesson preparation at home.