/* Regional OER initiatives */
* '''Baden-Württemberg''': [http://medienrecherche.lmz-bw.de/ SESAM] includes teaching material, teachning modules and photos. Teachers have to register. You can also find teaching modules created by teachers for the different subjects. They are all according to the curriculum of Baden-Württemberg.
* '''Bavaria (Bayern)''': [https://mediathek.mebis.bayern.de/ mebis] includes digital media like films, audio, multimedia, pictures, maps, worksheets, texts etc. Al lot of material is OER, but not the films from educational TV and films from commercial producers. Teachers can also download most media, students can only stream it. Schools have to register first. Media from mebis can also be found and used in a moodle platform which is linked to the the media server.
* '''Berlin''': [http://medienforum-berlin.datenbank-bildungsmedien.net/ MOM -
Medeinforum Online-Medien] can be used by all schools in Berlin. Teachers can register and can use the media in the schools, but not outside. Exceptions are for preparing lessons at home and for students to use the media offline for homework.
* '''Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen)''': [http://www.nibis.de/nibis.phtml?menid=35 merlin] contains digital films, graphics, worksheets and links to OER material. All media is professionally produced and cleared for schools. Teachers can download the material, students can work with it. Everybody can search in the media portal, but for viewing and downloading the material, schools have to register.
* '''North Rhine-Westphalia''': Material in the media-server [http://www.learnline.schulministerium.nrw.de/ learn:line] is mainly OER and comes from different sources. It always states the copyright. Teachers only have to register for material from the [http://edmond20.lvr.de/ EDMOND] portal which includes audiovisual material from commercial producers. The download is free of charge once the teachers have registered.