Sofia Distansundervisning (Sofia Distance Learning, Sofia Distans) conducts instruction in grades 6-9. Teaching is done via computer, and it offers all subjects.
Sofia complies with the compulsory school curriculum and assessment criteria and students are graded in grades 8-9.
Students are mostly living outside Sweden, but the school also teaches students resident in Sweden who, for various reasons do not attend a regular school.
Sofia Distansundervisning's main office is in Stockholm, Sweden.
Sofia Distance gives the student:
- clear instructions and goals for the studies when the school year begins
- freedom from study planning to take responsibility for their studies
- freedom by time-independent studies, which means that the student can choose when he / she is studying and using the time right she / he needs in the different subjects
- freedom by location independent studies, which means that the student can choose from which she / he is studying
- opportunity for individualized instruction based on student's knowledge and prerequisites
- opportunity to follow the Swedish school abroad
- able to read only the subject of Swedish distance to get permission to Swedish upper secondary school
- option, when appropriate and in consultation with the teacher read the G-courses aimed at grade G in the core subjects of Grade 9
- opportunity to study in an alternative way to grades in grade 8 and 9, based on current curriculum and of targets
- chance to get to know fellow students in other countries and other cultures
Sofia uses FirstClass.
The Sofia Distansundervisning website is http://www.sofiadistans.nu