Saint Kitts and Nevis
- 1 Overview
- 2 Education in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- 3 Internet in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- 4 Copyright law in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- 5 OER Initiatives in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- 6 References
Saint Kitts and Nevis, officially the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis (also known as the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis), located in the Leeward Islands, is a federal two-island nation in the West Indies. It is the smallest nation in the Americas, in both area and population - of around 42,000. The capital city and headquarters of government for the federated state is Basseterre. The smaller state of Nevis lies about 2 miles (3 km) southeast of Saint Kitts, across a shallow channel called "The Narrows". Historically, the British dependency of Anguilla was also a part of this union, which was then known collectively as Saint Christopher-Nevis-Anguilla. Saint Kitts and Nevis are geographically part of the Leeward Islands. To the north-northwest lie the islands of Saint Eustatius, Saba, Saint Barthélemy, and Saint Martin. To the east and northeast are Antigua and Barbuda, and to the southeast is the small uninhabited island of Redonda, and the island of Montserrat.
For further general information see Wikipedia:Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Education in Saint Kitts and Nevis
For a general description of education in Saint Kitts and Nevis see Education:Saint Kitts and Nevis.
For a description more focussed to e-learning see E-learning:Saint Kitts and Nevis.
The Carribean knowledge and learning network has conducted some small projects:
- - Conducted an initial and follow-up needs assessment at Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College to determine their ICT capacity to support the teaching and learning process.
- - 25 faculty members trained in course conversion and usage of the Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) in online course delivery.
- - 4 members of faculty and administration visited Canadian TLIs to strengthen their understanding of the implementation of E-Learning and to seek partnership opportunities.
- - Faculty of the Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College received IT Operations and Management training.
- - Server hardware provided to strengthen Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College’s ICT infrastructure.
- - Student Records Management System (SRMS) platform currently being procured for Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College.
But overall, there seems to be little activity if any on the part of institutions in Saint Kitts and Nevis itself, although citizens may of course make use of multinational organisations of their own accord. (1)
Internet in Saint Kitts and Nevis
Internet in Education
Copyright law in Saint Kitts and Nevis
Copyright law in Education
OER Initiatives in Saint Kitts and Nevis
National OER initiatives
Regional OER initiatives
Institutional OER initiatives
1. ReVica/VISCED page for Saint Kitts and Nevis (http://virtualcampuses.eu/index.php/Saint_Kitts_and_Nevis)