OER studies for Scandinavian countries and Romania
On behalf of the POERUP project, EDEN wishes to appoint consultants to carry out the following Task:
Creation of a Country report on OPEN Educational Resources (OER) in English in the following countries:
Studies should be created on the web, on the POERUP wiki page, using the template at: http://poerup.referata.com/wiki/Template_for_country
Each study should take due note of the initial material already on the POERUP wiki and the background material on education and e-learning available on the VISCED/Re.ViCa wiki http://virtualcampuses.eu/index.php/Main_Page
For example the study for Norway should be created on the POERUP wiki page OER in Norway and draw on the material on the page Norway and the more general education/e-learning material at http://virtualcampuses.eu/index.php/Norway
There is no fixed maximum fee for each study but consultants need to know that the overall budget for the five studies is 10,000 Euros and that the expertise and prior knowledge of the consultants should be at a level that each study represents less than a week's work.
For each country the successful consultant will be chosen on the basis of ability to provide best value for money within the constraints listed.
In the event that there is no cost-effective tender response for a particular country then no tender will be awarded for that country.
Consultants must have:
- experience of ICT in education, and open educational resources, in both higher education and schools
- experience of country-level analysis in ICT in education for a country (not their home country)
- proof that they are EU citizens or documented permission to work in the EU
Preference will be given to applicants:
- with good reading ability in the main national language of the country, sufficient for the purposes of analysing reports on that country produced by ministries or agencies
- with good knowledge of society in the country, obtained from residency in or travel to there
Consultants cannot be any employee, constituent part or subsidiary of the partners currently involved with POERUP. (See Partners)
EDEN members are eligible provided that they are not partners in POERUP.
If consultants are interested they should email an application to firstname.lastname@example.org until 9.00 am CET on Tuesday 25 September 2012. The email should have "OER in [Country] study" in the Subject line.
Successful consultants will be notified by 1 October 2012 and should be available to start work soon after that date.
The Application should be no longer than two pages of A4 and include:
- contact details including address, phone and email
- brief CV, focussing on relevant information including
- references, URLs or attached file(s), demonstrating relevant reports of theirs,
- evidence of language ability,
- source material that they intend to draw on, with reasons; and examples of OER/quasi-OER initiatives
- indication of daily rate of work and the number of days intended to spend on the research
All studies should be delivered in final form on the wiki by 31 October 2012.
EDEN – European Distance and E-Learning Network Secretariat
Budapest University of Technology and Economics
H-1111 Budapest, Egry J. u. 1., Hungary, Tel: +36-1-463-2259