Nikos Zygouritsas graduated from the National University of Athens, Department of Education Sciences. He was awarded a Master’s Degree in Educational Technology from the Université Libre de Bruxelles. He worked as a researcher in the Department of Educational Technology in Université Libre de Bruxelles and as an assistant for the on-line courses in Mons University (Educational Technology Unit). For three years he worked as an ICT teacher in the European School of Brussels III.
Since 2003, he works as a senior researcher for the Lambrakis-Foundation in the domain of education research and technologies. He participates in various projects for the application of new technologies in various educational settings, e-learning and teacher training.
He is also content and development manager of www.e-paideia.net, the foundation’s educational portal.
His main interests and activities are:
- educational design of e-learning systems
- research on learning objects, metadata and educational repositories
- research on games and education
- early childhood education
- action research in e-inclusion
- digital gap
- teacher training, skills and competencies.
His user code is also User:Nikos Zygouritsas