Netaji Subhas Open University
AIOU (CN) | AIOU (PK) | Anadolu U | AOU | Athabasca U | BAOU | BCOU | BOU | BRAOU | BTVU | COME-UW | CCRTVU | DISC | EBS | EELU | Euro-FH | FernFH | FernUni Hagen | FFHS | HFH | Henan RTV | HCMCOU | HOU (CN) | HOU (GR)| HYCU | Humboldt | IGNOU | Inner Mongolia RTVU | JSTVU | KKHSOU | KNOU | KSOU | FH Lübeck | MPBOU | NOU (IN) | NOU (TW) | NOUN | NSOU | OPENU | OP | Oscail | OUA | OUBS | OUC | OUHK | OUJ | OU Libya | OUM | OUN | OUS | OUSL | OUT | PNU | PSSOU | PUP-OU | QOU | Ramkhamhaeng U | SCRTVU | SHTVU | STOU | SXRTVU | SYTVU | TGOU | TJRTVU | TNOU | Tallinn U | TUT (EE) | UAB (BR) | UAb (PT) | UAPA| UDIMA | UKOU | UNA | UNAD | UNED (CR) | UNED (ES) | UNITAR | UOC | UOU | UPOU | UPRTOU | USOU | U. Tartu | U. Terbuka | VFH | Viadrina | VMOU | WOU | YCMOU | YNTVU | ZOU | ZAOU | ZRTVU
This is a stub - you can help POERUP by expanding it.
The Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU) uses a variety of media for distance learning. It was established in 1997 and is based in Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, India. Distance learning courses are taught in both English and Bengali.
Modeled on the Open University, UK and the IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), it offers both undergraduate and postgraduate study. At last count NSOU had 191 Study Centres throughout West Bengal, and had attained the status of Mega University, with more than 1,00,000 learners in more than 80 courses.
NSOU uses a variety of methods for distance learning (e-Learning does not figure prominently):
- Self Instructional Material: Self instructional study materials are distributed to the students through the Study Centres.
- Audio-Video CD: Audio and video cassettes of a specific programme are supplied to the Study Centres. The audiotapes are run and video cassettes are screened at the Study Centres.
- Personal Contact Programme: Instruction are imparted through self-instructional study materials and Personal Contact Programme. The Personal Contact Programme is generally held on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Gyan Vani FM Channel: NSOU started the Gyan Vani FM, Kolkata, a radio channel on 105.4 MHz.
- Interactive Radio Counselling: The University broadcasts different subjects on 4th Sunday of every month through All India Radio (AIR) at Kolkata B. Apart from the regular classes various topics on Awareness Programme; Support Services Special Programme of National importances are also broadcast.
The Netaji Subhas Open University web site is at http://www.wbnsou.com/