- 1 Overview
- 2 Latest News in 2016
- 3 Key outputs
- 4 Map of Open Education Initiatives, OER (blue) and MOOCs (green) - clustering switched on
- 5 Resources
- 6 Closing picture
The final report was delivered to EU in late October 2014 and accepted on 22 January 2015
Latest News in 2016
18 October 2016 -- Dynamic Lists added to POERUP wiki
These begin the integration of reporting from POERUP with reporting from Re.ViCa/VISCED
11 April 2016 -- BUSINESS MODELS FOR OPENING UP EDUCATION – REPORT AVAILABLE
This D-TRANSFORM report is designed to provide guidance for senior managers in higher education institutions, mainly in four Member States of the EU – France, Italy, Spain and UK – when they come to consider whether to deploy MOOCs and related approaches, and how to justify such decisions in terms of business models and strategic relevance.
There is a focus on public sector institutions, but the full range of university provision is considered, including the open universities and innovative private providers of higher education.
In order to give the work the widest possible relevance to Europe, three other European countries are looked at (Hungary, Ireland and and Belgium Francophone Community) and guidelines given so that readers can research information for their own countries in order to create relevant business models.
The report looks in detail at business models for US-based MOOC aggregators such as Udacity and Coursera, but with the focus on lessons that can be adapted for the European scene. This differs in several ways from the US, including on accreditation issues. It also draws insights from the range of OER, MOOC and online learning developments across Europe.
The report aims to be up to date with MOOC developments until March 2016. Many interesting developments have only fully come to light in the last few months.
DOWNLOAD the report (English version)
For earlier news from 2015 and before, see News
- Final Report of POERUP
- POERUP Country reports and Continents
- POERUP Policies (proposals for countries)
- OER and MOOC Maps and an overview report - see File:POERUP D2.1 edition 2.pdf
- Open Education Initiatives (around 500 notable ones listed)
- List of Deliverables for POERUP(every Public Deliverable is listed)
- $Lists of universities, initiatives etc
Other pages of interest
- Mega Map of all Open Education Initiatives - per-character searchable version at Mega Map Searchable
- Search for initiatives - with full Semantic search (specialists only) at Semantic Search
- Shortcuts to important pages
- (Editors and Curators only) Data entry forms - including Form:Enter person for People of POERUP
- For related and successor projects see Beyond POERUP
See also the Sidebar (on the left of the screen) for the most common topics for readers and, under the System heading, actions for editors/curators
Map of Open Education Initiatives, OER (blue) and MOOCs (green) - clustering switched on
Total number in database on Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 23:26 = 500
Now try Mega Map Searchable !!
- Our reports
- Other Publications
- Countries and Supraregions - also see All countries - countries where OER has been reported on or sighted by POERUP are marked on the map at Reports and sightings of OER
- Initiatives - see Open Education Initiatives - and Search
- Related projects
- All pages
- All categories
- Other wikis
- Maps !!!
Initiatives per million population plotted by continents - guess who is in the lead? then check