Welcome to POERUP!
POERUP (Policies for OER Uptake) is a project part-funded by the EU until the end of June 2014,
under the EU Lifelong Learning Programme Key Activity 3 ICT.
The final report was delivered to EU on 31 October 2014. At the time of writing (12 January 2015) the project team are waiting for the conclusions of EACEA on the project's final report and deliverables.
- 1 Key outputs
- 2 Map of Open Education Initiatives, OER (blue) and MOOCs (green) - clustering switched on
- 3 Latest News in 2015
- 4 Resources
- 5 Closing picture
- Final Report
- Country reports and Continents
- Policies (proposals for countries)
- Maps and an overview report - see File:POERUP D2.1 edition 2.pdf
- Open Education Initiatives (around 500 notable ones listed)
- List of Deliverables (every Public Deliverable is listed)
Other pages of interest
- Mega Map of all Open Education Initiatives - per-character searchable version at Mega Map Searchable
- Search for initiatives - with full Semantic search (specialists only) at Semantic Search
- Shortcuts to important pages
- (Editors and Curators only) Data entry forms - including Form:Enter person for People of POERUP
- For related and successor projects see Beyond POERUP
See also the Sidebar (on the left of the screen) for the most common topics for readers and, under the System heading, actions for editors/curators
Map of Open Education Initiatives, OER (blue) and MOOCs (green) - clustering switched on
Total number in database on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 13:20 = 499
Now try Mega Map Searchable !!
Latest News in 2015
15 January 2015 ADOERUP report being prepared - Open Educational Resources in Adult Education/Adult Learning in the European Union - information wanted
Sero has been commissioned to do a report for the Education and Culture Committee of the European Parliament on OER in Adult Education in the EU. Obviously we shall leverage on POERUP and on three relevant studies done for IPTS but we want to make sure we are up to date with the last 6 months of information on important projects developing OER for use specifically in Adult Learning (rather than spilling over into Adult Learning) - across all educational sectors: key skills (numeracy, literacy, IT skills, etc), school-level qualifications for adults, Vocational Education and Training, and University Education in a Lifelong Learning context.
We are particularly interested in the following Member States: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Hungary, Romania, Sweden and Latvia, but projects from any Member State are of interest.
Of course we shall be asking POERUP project staff as well as our network of consultants and advisors but we want a broader range of input.
For policy aspects we shall be talking in depth to authors of EU-level and Member State OER-related policy documents, to perform a realignment of POERUP-style recommendations to the Adult Learning domain.
For more details see the page ADOERUP.
Please contact Paul Bacsich if you are a local expert with relevant information.
12 January 2015 POERUP scrutiny completed
We understand that the European Commission have completed their review of POERUP and we expect more information shortly.
The POERUP wiki is therefore no longer "frozen" (as it had to be during the period of scrutiny of POERUP outputs by the Commission and their experts) and so new pages will appear in due course, with a focus on the "Beyond POERUP" projects now being undertaken by the POERUP team, in particular SharedOER and ADOERUP.
For earlier news, see News
- Our reports
- Other Publications
- Countries and Supraregions - also see All countries - countries where OER has been reported on or sighted by POERUP are marked on the map at Reports and sightings of OER
- Initiatives - see Open Education Initiatives - and Search
- Related projects
- All pages
- All categories
- Other wikis
- Maps !!!
Initiatives per million population plotted by continents - guess who is in the lead? then check