Lincoln University is the specialist land-based university in New Zealand.
As a publicly owned and operated university that exists and operates under New Zealand statute, it is strongly committed to transforming land, people and economies.
Arguably no other New Zealand university has had such a direct link with the New Zealand economy, and with the people responsible for fuelling the economy for much of that time, than us.
its web site is at http://www.lincoln.ac.nz
For a more detailed description see http://www.lincoln.ac.nz/About-Lincoln-University/Lincoln-University-profile/
History of Lincoln University
Lincoln University is New Zealand's third oldest university. Founded in 1878 as a School of Agriculture, the organisation was linked to Canterbury College, welcoming its first intake of students in 1880.
In 1896, with agriculture now well established as the mainstay of New Zealand’s exports, the School of Agriculture separated from Canterbury College and became Canterbury Agricultural College, with its own governing body and the ability to award degrees through the University of New Zealand.
In 1961, the university was officially renamed Lincoln College, becoming a constituent college of the University of Canterbury. In 1990 Lincoln University formally separated from the University of Canterbury and became the self-governing national university that it is today.