- 1 Overview
- 2 Education in Kyrgyzstan
- 3 Internet in Kyrgyzstan
- 4 Copyright law in Kyrgyzstan
- 5 OER Initiatives in Kyrgyzstan
- 6 References
Kyrgyzstan (Kyrgyz: Кыргызстан; Russian: Киргизия), officially the Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyz: Кыргыз Республикасы; Russian: Кыргызская Республика), is a country located in Central Asia. Landlocked and mountainous, Kyrgyzstan is bordered by Kazakhstan to the north, Uzbekistan to the west, Tajikistan to the southwest and China to the east. Its capital and largest city is Bishkek and the population is 5,550,239.
For further general information see Wikipedia:Kyrgyzstan.
Education in Kyrgyzstan
For a general description of education in Kyrgyzstan see Education:Kyrgyzstan.
For a description more focussed to e-learning see E-learning:Kyrgyzstan.
Internet in Kyrgyzstan
Internet in Education
Copyright law in Kyrgyzstan
Copyright law in Education
OER Initiatives in Kyrgyzstan
The Blimkeni Academy project produced freely available video lessons, uploaded to YouTube, in the Kyrgyz language in 12 school subjects, funded by Open Society. They "spent three months working with local teachers, training them on the equipment (for example, how to use a graphic pen they would use during the lessons), and producing the video classes. The teachers developed original lessons and content for the recordings." (http://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/voices/bilimkeni-academy-bringing-online-education-kyrgyzstan) Blimkeni Academy website: http://bilimkeni.kg/
National OER initiatives
Regional OER initiatives
Institutional OER initiatives
- Open Education Kyrgyzstan, by Gulzada Urgunalieva, May 2015, http://education.okfn.org/open-education-kyrgyzstan/
- Bishkek Resolution on OER and Digital Education, 8 July 2014, http://oermap.org/policy/bishkek-resolution-on-oer-and-digital-education/
- OER in Kyrgyzstan from point of view of SFK, by Lira Samykbaeva, Presentation (Prezi), 14 March 2014, https://prezi.com/ha2lowusspdu/oer-in-kyrgyzstan-from-sfk-view/
- "Case study on Kyrgyzstan", pp. 26-27 of OER in non-English-speaking countries:challenges and opportunities, http://weko.wou.edu.my/index.php?action=pages_view_main&active_action=repository_action_common_download&item_id=365&item_no=1&attribute_id=15&file_no=1&page_id=23&block_id=39