- 1 Overview
- 2 NEWS
- 3 News in 2017
- 4 News in 2016
- 5 Key outputs
- 6 Map of Open Education Initiatives, OER (blue) and MOOCs (green) - clustering switched on
- 7 Resources
- 8 Closing picture
The final report was delivered to EU in late October 2014 and accepted on 22 January 2015
27 January 2018 New arrangements for support for POERUP wiki under discussion
We are aware that the POERUP wiki needs substantial updating in some areas, in the light of new reports on OER initiatives and policies. It has also come to our notice that some of the Maps no longer work, due to changes in the syntax of several Referata map features.
Since no funded EU or national projects currently support the POERUP wiki, there is not the effort at present to do any updating or support. However we are now in discussion with various entities as to how a minimalist but non-zero amount of support can be made available to the POERUP wiki and associated wikis such as VISCED. It may take some weeks to come to some conclusions in these discussions, which will also cover how volunteer support could also be better mobilised.
As soon as there is some news we shall let viewers know.
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no intent to close this wiki or any of the other wikis associated with POERUP, VISCED, ADOERUP, Re.ViCa or related projects.
These reports are the final outcome of one and a half intense years of research into open education policies involving many stakeholders, particularly ministries of education, research and science across Europe.
- Going Open - in full  - is a report bringing policy recommendations on open education at regional, national and EU levels.
-  is a report covering the 28 EU Member States, presenting case studies about how each country approaches open education policies. Both reports are part of the JRC's OpenEdu Policies project.
For more on the second report, see Policy Approaches to Open Education
News in 2017
Wiki in "care and maintenance mode.
News in 2016
18 October 2016 -- Dynamic Lists added to POERUP wiki
These begin the integration of reporting from POERUP with reporting from Re.ViCa/VISCED
11 April 2016 -- BUSINESS MODELS FOR OPENING UP EDUCATION – REPORT AVAILABLE
This D-TRANSFORM report is designed to provide guidance for senior managers in higher education institutions, mainly in four Member States of the EU – France, Italy, Spain and UK – when they come to consider whether to deploy MOOCs and related approaches, and how to justify such decisions in terms of business models and strategic relevance.
There is a focus on public sector institutions, but the full range of university provision is considered, including the open universities and innovative private providers of higher education.
In order to give the work the widest possible relevance to Europe, three other European countries are looked at (Hungary, Ireland and and Belgium Francophone Community) and guidelines given so that readers can research information for their own countries in order to create relevant business models.
The report looks in detail at business models for US-based MOOC aggregators such as Udacity and Coursera, but with the focus on lessons that can be adapted for the European scene. This differs in several ways from the US, including on accreditation issues. It also draws insights from the range of OER, MOOC and online learning developments across Europe.
The report aims to be up to date with MOOC developments until March 2016. Many interesting developments have only fully come to light in the last few months.
DOWNLOAD the report (English version)
For earlier news from 2015 and before, see News
- Final Report of POERUP
- POERUP Country reports and Continents
- POERUP Policies (proposals for countries)
- OER and MOOC Maps and an overview report - see File:POERUP D2.1 edition 2.pdf
- Open Education Initiatives (around 500 notable ones listed)
- List of Deliverables for POERUP(every Public Deliverable is listed)
- $Lists of universities, initiatives etc
Other pages of interest
- Mega Map of all Open Education Initiatives - per-character searchable version at Mega Map Searchable
- Search for initiatives - with full Semantic search (specialists only) at Semantic Search
- Shortcuts to important pages
- (Editors and Curators only) Data entry forms - including Form:Enter person for People of POERUP
- For related and successor projects see Beyond POERUP
See also the Sidebar (on the left of the screen) for the most common topics for readers and, under the System heading, actions for editors/curators
Map of Open Education Initiatives, OER (blue) and MOOCs (green) - clustering switched on
Warning: this Map is not currently functional
Total number in database on Tuesday, 28 January 2020 at 00:15 = 500
Now try Mega Map Searchable !!
- Our reports
- Other Publications
- Countries and Supraregions - also see All countries - countries where OER has been reported on or sighted by POERUP are marked on the map at Reports and sightings of OER
- Initiatives - see Open Education Initiatives - and Search
- Related projects
- All pages
- All categories
- Other wikis
- Maps !!!
Initiatives per million population plotted by continents - guess who is in the lead? then check