Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University
This is a stub - you can help POERUP by expanding it.
Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University has evolved from e-TQM College. It is active as of 1 February 2009.
There are 3 important initiatives in the university related to e-learning:
- CeLEx:The Centre for e-Learning Excellence was launched in 2008 as a subsidiary of the university.The main purpose is to promote excellence in e-Learning in the Arab World through leadership, consulting, research and training services related to e-Learning.
- Hamdan Bin Mohammed Journals:provides opportunities to learn, share and collaborate in the field of Quality Management to both - students of Quality, who aspire to specialise in quality management and working professionals, who are involved in the implementation and management of Quality.
- The e-Learning Grid: Learning Grid is positioned to be a one-stop-hub for the growing community of e-Learning practitioners. Online communities are formed on the three pillars of Information, Collaboration and Transaction. The e-Learning Grid has designed a 6Cs model to cater all the community needs based on these three pillars. They show the results in e-seminars.
All of this initiatives help to develop a good scenario of practices of e-learning and continue improving it.
Its web site is at http://www.hbmeu.ae/en/about/profile/
- To be the university of choice in the Arab World in shaping the future of education and learning through innovative solutions.
- To provide high quality programs using virtual learning environment, supporting the pursuit of lifelong learning, addressing critical activities of economic development in the Arab World, pioneering in e-learning, providing unique learners experience and growing knowledge and its dissemination through excellence in research and knowledge transfer
- To grow and develop a portfolio of innovative and credible programs that respond to the 21st century modern practices integrating quality and related disciplines.
- To be the catalyst for Growth and Development of Excellence in e- Learning and its applications.
- To Encourage growth of scientific research and scholarly pursuits through publication and knowledge dissemination.
- To drive the spread and advancement of knowledge and e-learning in the Arab World through community engagement, government collaborations, institutional associations and alliances and industry partnerships.
- To provide opportunities for lifelong learning and wider access that enhance individuals competencies and contribute to organizational performance.
- To provide a unique university experience that prepares learners for success as accountable leaders in the 21st century.
- To adapt the latest e-learning technology and support infrastructure that is responsive to learners’ changing needs and a key enabler to the e-University mission.