Guglielmo Marconi Telematic University
The Guglielmo Marconi Telematic University (Università telematica Guglielmo Marconi) supports online and blended bachelor's and master's degrees.
This public university was founded in 2004, and is headquartered in Rome, Italy. There are also regional offices in Liguria, Lombardia, Campania, Calabira, and several other locations. It is described on its web site as "the first Italian Open University, acknowledged by the Ministry of Education, University and Research" - though it is not clear in what sense the university is defined as "open".
The University is registered in the “Anagrafe Nazionale delle Ricerche” (National Research Register). Learning modes available include:
- Full distance teaching (e-learning): course delivery through the "virtual c@mpus" platform (web/internet), mobile learning (cell phones, palms, etc.), and/or interactive TV (TV/Web TV) - according to each student’s skills and learning style.
- Blended learning: integrates fully online training activities with workshops, group lessons (minimum 15 students), in-depth and review sessions.
The University includes the following faculties:
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Training Sciences
- Faculty of Political Science
- Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technologies
See Università telematica Guglielmo Marconi for details in Italian.
The university's web site is at http://www.unimarconi.it/uni/unieng/indexa1.php?id=05124