Elmwood College

From POERUP - Policies for OER Uptake
Jump to: navigation, search

Elmwood College is now part of Scotland's Rural College - SRUC.

The SRUC web site is http://www.sruc.ac.uk


(See http://www.elmwood.ac.uk/home)

Elmwood College was a further education college based in the heart of North East Fife. The College’s portfolio of courses included a range of landbased niche market golf-related specialisms and a range of more traditional courses, which meet the needs of the local community.

The College had a student population of over 1000 full-time students and between 3000 and 5000 part-time students each academic year. In the region of 75% of students come from Fife, while the remaining 25% are drawn from across the UK, Europe, USA, India and China.

The College has been in existence for more than 55 years and was originally a landbased college delivering courses in agriculture, horticulture, engineering and agricultural secretarial courses.

In recent years the College has diversified and introduced new curriculum areas including hair and beauty, healthcare, multimedia, art and design, interior decoration, visual merchandising, golf and greenkeeping, golf management, gamekeeping, sports coaching, hospitality and conservation.

Many of the courses are taught from National Certificate level to Higher National Certificate and Higher National Diploma levels or equivalent.

The College has proven progression routes to Higher Education courses and articulation agreements are in place with a number of Scottish Universities, allowing students to progress in their chosen field.

> Scotland
> United Kingdom
> Colleges

>> Main Page