Comisión Nacional de Evaluación y Acreditación Universitaria
The Comisión Nacional de Evaluación y Acreditación Universitaria (National Commission for University Evaluation and Accreditation) was established to foster improvements of the university education in Argentina. Its main functions are:
- To evaluate projects submitted by new public and private universities.
- To perform external evaluation of university institutions.
- To grant accreditation to government regulated undergraduate programs.
- To grant accreditation to graduate programs.
- To conduct evaluation processes for accreditation of private evaluation and accreditation organizations.
CONEAU is, together with the Dirección Nacional de Gestión Universitaria (National Bureau of University Management) of the Ministerio de Educación de la Nación, responsible for the quality assurance and accreditation of universities in Argentina.
Under the ministry, the Dirección Nacional de Gestión Universitaria is responsible for several actions, of which CONEAU is involved in the following:
- Coordinate the process of creation, modification and deletion of Private Universities Academic units or less, and the licensing procedures and curriculum in connection with the CONEAU.
- Understanding the regulation, monitoring and control of the processes of creation, modification and deletion of Private Universities Academic Units or less and in processing the update curricula in connection with the CONEAU.
CONEAU's web site is http://www.coneau.edu.ar/