$List of national e-learning initiatives
A national initiative refers to an initiative taken by a ministry or national agency in a country to set up a programme focussed on e-learning in tertiary-level institutions (universities and similar institutions - not schools).
Note that "national" may refer to an autonomous or semi-autonomous part of a country, e.g. Scotland or Catalonia - or even to one of the states or provinces in federal countries such as Australia, Canada, China, India or the US.
If the initiative involves more than one country but not many then it is not classified as a national initiative but as a multinational initiative.
If the initiative involves a supranational political grouping or range of countries in a region than it is called an international initiative.
Very often the national initiative will set up a consortium or generate a newly created institution of a unique nature in the nation involved. This leads to some overlap of the UNESCO classifications.
- Bavarian Virtual University
- Campus Numériques
- Canadian Virtual University
- Centre National d'Enseignement à Distance
- Community Colleges Online
- DoDEA Virtual High School
- Dutch Digital University
- Enhancement Academy
- Fédération Interuniversitaire de l'Enseignement à Distance
- Hanoi Open University
- Hellenic Open University
- Interactive University
- Korea Virtual Campus
- National College for School Leadership
- National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning
- Next Generation Learning Challenges
- Online Learning Innovation Fund
- Open Training and Education Network
- Open Universities Australia
- Open University National Role
- Open University of Brazil
- Open University of Sudan
- Open University of Tanzania
- Pakistan Virtual University
- Pathfinder Programme
- Swedish Net University
- TAFE Virtual Campus
- The Global university system
- United Kingdom...
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras
- Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia
- Virtual University Baden-Württemberg
(Other formats are available, such as csv, rdf and json)