$List of international e-learning initiatives
This is the list for initiatives straddling more than one country and promoted by an international agency.
It refers to an initiative taken by a supranational political grouping or range of countries in a region - such as the European Union - to set up a programme focussed on e-learning in university-level institutions.
If the initiative involves more than one country but not many then it is not classified as an international iniatiative but as a multinational initiative.
If the initiative involves just one country or a region within that country then it is called a national initiative.
Very often the international initiative will set up a consortium or generate a newly created institution of a unique nature in the nations involved. This leads to some overlap of the UNESCO classifications.
- Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie
- Arab Open University
- Early Childhood Development Virtual University
- Inter-American distance education consortium
- Mediterranean Network of Universities
- Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization
- University of the Arctic
- University of the South Pacific
- University of the West Indies
- Université Virtuelle Francophone
- Virtual Global University
(Other formats are available, such as csv, rdf and json)