Invitation to Tender released at 2030 UK time on Monday 10 September 2012 for five studies - tender now closed
On behalf of the POERUP project, Sero wishes to appoint five consultants to provide studies on "OER in education" for the following countries/regions.
- Africa - South Africa
- Asia - Thailand
- Asia/Middle East - Gulf States (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates)
- Central Americas - Mexico
- South America - Argentina
Each consultant can contract for just one tender.
Consultants cannot be any employee, constituent part or subsidiary of the partners currently involved with POERUP. (See Partners)
Each study should be created on the wiki on the relevant page using the following template http://poerup.referata.com/wiki/Template_for_country
Each study should take due note of the initial material already on the POERUP wiki and the background material on education and e-learning available on the VISCED/Re.ViCa wiki http://virtualcampuses.eu/index.php/Main_Page
For example the study for Thailand should be created on the POERUP wiki page OER in Thailand and draw on the material on the page Thailand and the more general education/e-learning material at http://virtualcampuses.eu/index.php/Thailand
There is no fixed maximum fee for each study but consultants need to know that the overall budget for the five studies is 10,000 euros and that the expertise and prior knowledge of the consultants should be at a level that each study represents less than a week's work. In the event that there is no cost-effective tender response for a particular country/region then no tender will be awarded for that country/region.
Consultants must demonstrate:
- experience of ICT in education, and open educational resources, in both higher education and schools
- good reading ability in the main national language of the country/region they are tendering for, sufficient for the purposes of analysing reports on that country/region produced by ministries or agencies
- experience of country-level analysis in ICT in education for a country/region not their home country
- a knowledge of society in the country/region, for example obtained from residency in or travel to that country/region
- (since this is an EU-funded project) documentation to demonstrate that they are authorised to work in the EU (or other eligible country for the 2011 Call of the Lifelong Learning programme) (passport, work permit etc) during the period September-December 2012.
For each country/region the successful consultant will be chosen on the basis of ability to provide best value for money within the constraints listed.
If consultants are interested they should email an Application to email@example.com on or before 9.00 am UK time on Tuesday 25 September 2012. The email should have "OER in Country study" in the Subject: line with the "Country" replaced by the name of the country/region that they are tendering for.
Successful consultants will be notified on 1 October 2012 and should be available to start work soon after that date. Each study MUST be delivered in final form on the wiki by 6.00 pm UK time on 31 October 2012.
Consultants interested should submit an Application which should be no longer than two pages of A4 and include:
- country/region they intend to study
- contact details including address, phone and email
- evidence of language ability in language of the country/region (e.g. Arabic for the Gulf States)
- documentary evidence (e.g. photocopies of passports and/or visas) of approval to work within the EU (or other eligible country for the 2011 Call of the Lifelong Learning programme)
- brief CV, focussing on relevant information including web sites
- URLs or attached file(s), demonstrating (a) relevant reports of theirs; (b) source material that they intend to draw on or translate, with reasons; and (c) two examples of OER/quasi-OER initiatives in the country/region that they are tendering for with relevant URLs.
Because of the small size of each tender, no individual questions on the tender will be answered.
In the unlikely event that any urgent clarification is required, for example because of a major change in regulations affecting Lifelong Learning projects, a Clarification will be issued in the area below.
This tender is now closed.
The following public clarifications are made on Sunday 23 September in request to emails from potential applicants.
- Tenderers must specify the exact fee they will charge, and any taxes (such as VAT) that will be incurred, bearing in mind their base country and that Sero is based in the United Kingdom
- Tenderers need not be citizens of an EU/LLP country but must be authorised to be employed in one or more such countries
- Although Canada is a Third Country in the context of the POERUP bid it is not an EU/LLP country.