Invitation to Tender released at 1330 CET on Wednesday 12 September 2012 for three studies
On behalf of the POERUP project, SCIENTER wishes to appoint three consultants to produce studies (written in English) on "OER in education" for the following countries in South Europe:
Each consultant can contract for just one tender.
Consultants cannot be any employee, constituent part or subsidiary of the partners currently involved with POERUP. (See Partners)
For the avoidance of doubt partners in the MENON and EFQUEL networks are eligible provided that they are not partners in POERUP.
Each study should be written in English and loaded on the wiki on the relevant page using the following template http://poerup.referata.com/wiki/Template_for_country
Each study should take due note of the initial material already on the POERUP wiki and the background material on education and e-learning available on the VISCED/Re.ViCa wiki http://virtualcampuses.eu/index.php/Main_Page
For example the study for Spain should be created on the POERUP wiki page OER in Spain and draw on the material on the page Spain and the more general education/e-learning material at http://virtualcampuses.eu/index.php/Spain
The maximum budget for each of the three studies is 2,000 euros (inclusive of any taxes applicable). It is expected that the expertise and prior knowledge of the consultants should be at a level that each study represents around no more than a week's work. In the event that there is no cost-effective tender response for a particular country/region then no tender will be awarded for that country/region.
Consultants must demonstrate:
- experience of ICT in education, and open educational resources, in both higher education and schools
- good reading ability in the main national language of the country/region they are tendering for, sufficient for the purposes of analysing reports on that country/region produced by ministries or agencies
- a good command of English (the language in which the reports must be written)
- experience of country-level analysis in ICT in education for a country/region not their home country
- a knowledge of society in the country/region, for example obtained from residency in or travel to that country/region
- (since this is an EU-funded project) documentation to demonstrate that they are authorised to work in the EU (or other eligible country for the 2011 Call of the Lifelong Learning programme) (passport, work permit etc) during the period September-December 2012.
For each country/region the successful consultant will be chosen on the basis of ability to provide best value for money within the constraints listed.
If consultants are interested they should email an Application, written in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 0900 CET on Tuesday 25 September 2012. The email should have "OER in Country study" in the Subject: line with the "Country" replaced by the name of the country/region that they are tendering for.
Successful consultants will be notified on 1 October 2012 and should be available to start work soon after that date. Each study MUST be delivered in final form on the wiki by 1800 CET on 31 October 2012.
Consultants interested should submit an Application (in English) which should be no longer than two pages of A4 and include:
- country/region they intend to study
- contact details including address, phone and email
- evidence of language ability in language of the country/region (e.g. Spanish for Spain)
- documentary evidence (e.g. photocopies of passports and/or visas) of approval to work within the EU (or other eligible country for the 2011 Call of the Lifelong Learning programme)
- brief CV, focussing on relevant information including web sites
- URLs or attached file(s), demonstrating (a) relevant reports of theirs; (b) source material that they intend to draw on or translate, with reasons; and (c) two examples of OER/quasi-OER initiatives in the country/region that they are tendering for with relevant URLs.
Because of the small size of each tender, no individual questions on the tender will be answered.
In the unlikely event that any urgent clarification is required, for example because of a major change in regulations affecting Lifelong Learning projects, a Clarification will be issued in the area below.
None as of Wednesday 12 September 2012.