Difference between revisions of "Johannes Kepler Universität Linz"
m (added space)
m (1 revision: Import Universities A thru M from Revica)
Latest revision as of 13:38, 27 August 2014
The Johannes Kepler Universität (Linz) (Johannes Kepler University (Linz), JKU) supports e-learning. JKU, named after astronomer and mathematician Johannes Kepler, was founded in 1966 and is one of the youngest institutions of HE in Austria.
It seems to be merged from several HEIs including the State University of Linz, of which the Law Faculty of the State University of Linz (Institut für multimediale Linzer Rechtsstudien, Linzer Rechtsstudien) is a full virtual campus through e-learning.
The university has approximately 12,000 students. Source: Study Abroad Brochure (PDF - EN)
Wireless Internet technology is available throughout the campus allowing students continual internet access as there is a diverse set of study support services which you can also visit through their e-learning portal with services or systems such as:
- LMS Moodle for which a German [https://elearn.jku.at/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=4488 Handbook for students (PDF – DE) is available
- Kepler University Study Support System (KUSSS) for which a German Handbook for students (PDF - DE - 69 pages) is available.
- Digital library with eJournals and e-books
- eLLG or JKU Learning Network where students can create their own portfolios, blogs and ‘connect with like-minded people.’
- e-learning platform Scholion Wb + with learning resources, for which a German Handbook (PDF - DE) is available.
- LimeSurvey to create polls
The Johannes Kepler Universität web site is at http://www.jku.at/