Internet-Based Distance Education Program
The Internet-Based Distance Education Program (iDEP) in the Philippines is a secondary education programme run by the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) of the Department of Education (DepED). The programme offers formal secondary education to qualifying students through e-learning.
It enables certain existing high schools to create and manage classes completely on-line and is intended for students who are unable to go to a regular school and the only way of getting a formal Philippine-accredited secondary education is through the Internet.
iDEP Pilot Schools are:
- Baguio City National High School
- Davao City National High School
- Florencio Urot Memorial National High School
According to the BSE's page on iDEP it was going to be offering first year level secondary education starting June 2010 for the school year 2010-2011, but no further information has been updated and the Moodle reference curriculum website seems to be offline in August 2012 though.
- BSE's web page on iDEP: http://www.bse.ph/index.php/idep.html
- iDEP Handbook: http://www.bse.ph/download/Handbook/IDEP%20Handbook.pdf