The Interactive Design Institute - IDI - is a distance learning provider of online qualifications in Art and Design. It was established in 2004 to offer on-line courses in Art and Design to UK and international students. IDI is a Collaborative Partner of the University of Hertfordshire. It has enrolled students from over 47 countries. Its aim is to establish a global community of designers – students, educators and practitioners – who can share their creativity, ideas and experiences.
IDI offers a range of art and design courses up to and including Degree level.
- IDI offers City & Guilds awards at levels 1 and 2 in Drawing and Painting, Creative Sketchbooks and Fashion Design and Illustration.
- IDI is also approved by ABC Awards to offer the Level 3 Diploma in Foundation Studies (art, design and media) online. This qualification is the standard entry requirement for degree level study in art and design in UK colleges and universities.
- IDI's degree level qualifications are awarded by the University of Hertfordshire. Subjects include:
- * BA (Hons) Graphic Design BA (Hons) Product Design
- * Dip (HE) Interior and Spatial Design Dip (HE) Illustration Dip (HE) Photography Dip (HE) Interactive Media Design
Its web site is http://www.idesigni.co.uk
- Multiple intakes
- Superior feedback
- Asynchronous feedback
- Exemplary content
- Quality tutors
- Student support
- Lower costs
- "IDI has designs on expansion after securing £500,000 investment", Scotsman, 13 May 2009, http://www.scotsman.com/business/idi-has-designs-on-expansion-after-securing-163-500-000-investment-1-1038146
- "IDI – 7 reasons why online degree students outperform University campus-based students"Donald Clark Plan B, 7 September 2012, http://donaldclarkplanb.blogspot.gr/search?q=idi