The Global Initiative on Quality Assurance Capacity (GIQAC) has the mission to support of capacity building in quality assurance to:
- Improve the efforts of regional networks to build QA capacity of accreditation agencies, tertiary education institutions, and government staff with QA functions;
- Serve as a worldwide focal point for knowledge sharing among regional networks, cross-regional identify synergies, and avoid duplication of efforts;
- Help support regional networks in the development of their work programs and identification of additional resources to ensure their long-term sustainability.
- Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN)
- Red Iberoamericana para la Acreditación de la Calidad de la Educación Superior (RIACES) / Ibero-American Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- Quality Assurance Support Programme for African Higher Education, African Quality Assurance Network (AfriQAN), Association of African Universities (AAU)
- Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ANQAHE)
- International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE)
- UNESCO - Division of Higher Education
General membership would be open to all members of regional networks for quality assurance, to members of INQAAHE, and to other professionals, university officials, and government representatives working on quality assurance in developing countries. The Governing Board would have one representative from each of the regional networks for quality assurance, one representative each from INQAAHE, UNESCO, and several donor agencies. The World Bank would also be a member and chair the Governing Board in the first year of operation. Advisory committees would be convened by the Board on an ad hoc basis. The Secretariat would operate from UNESCO’s Higher Education Division.
>> Main Page